Okay. I had the week off work last week due to having saved too much vacation time in 2020 just in case I got sick and needed to use it and that’s the end of this prologue.
So, having all this free time, I played Destruction AllStars ALL WEEK. It was great. And the game is lots of fun. In fact, I had so much fun that I gave them $5, since I got the game for free, just to buy one of the Challenge Modes. Here’s a rundown of the Pros, Cons and things I’d like to see added.
• Fun. Like Rocket League when it launched levels of fun.
• It’s like if OnRush, Wreckfest and Burnout had a love child.
• The cast of characters is diverse and the vehicle specials are varied and fun to use.
• It’s pretty.
• Every mode is fun. My favorite was Gridfall, but then it switched to Stockpile, then Carnado, then Mayhem. I couldn’t pick my favorite mode now… they are all great.
• If you love stats… they have every stat.
• Driving feels good and fast like Burnout. And crashes feel impactful. And heart-wrenching when you miss.
• Level variety. It needs more stadiums. I think there are currently 2 per mode. This gets repetitive.
• Bugs. The game has given me several “network” errors out of nowhere, but I’m sure these’ll be fixed.
• Several of the trophies are controller-shatteringly infuriating. There is one trophy per character and most of them are completely based on luck.
• Announcers get repetitive.
• Add Playstation IP as DLC. I’d love to see Sweet Tooth added.
• More studiums.
• Team Mayhem.