Platforms

PlayStation 5

Developers

Insomniac Games

Genres

Platformer, Action-Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb
1 Like

Of all the titles shown, this one shows off the power of their SSD the most. To go from world to world in an instant, loading all completely different assets in the blink of an eye is astounding.

JUNE 11 - Preorder now!!!

That’s a loooooong launch window.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is an upcoming third-person shooter platform game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 5.

Metacritic ? | OpenCritic 89

Gaming Trend - 9.5/10

Gaming Nexus - 9.5/10

Press Start - 9.5/10

Gamespot - 9/10

IGN - 9/10

PowerUp - 9/10

Game Informer - 9/10

Game Revolution - 9/10

AOTF - 4.5 Star :star:

VideoGamer - 8/10

The Telegraph- 8/10

But is it $500 good?

Oh, once you experience the new loading times in games, $500 seems like a steal. Plus, R&C. And Spider-man MM. And Astro Bot. OH, and the fan noise. I can’t even tell my console is on.

Doesn’t matter what price it is if you can’t find one.

Also true.

Sure, that’s great and all, but how’s the loading of the system menus? The time it takes to start a party chat on my PS4 is ridiculous.

Party chat? What’s that? You must be playing those fancy multiplayer games, huh?

How long does it take to update a game? Even a 50Mb update takes about an hour for Apex on the PS4 because it has to copy the whole damn game over again. That has to be one of the worst system designs I have ever seen.

They still do the copying crap, but it is somewhat faster. I think the PS5 games go WAY faster than the PS4 ones though. I’ll have to look at it closer next time I have some updating.